[simpits-tech] Leo's BU036 and encoders

Sean Galbraith Sean.Galbraith at pacificsimulators.com
Sun Jul 31 19:30:34 PDT 2011

No, Leo is very much alive and kicking...   he's involved in some pretty
sexy sim stuff, outside of his own controllers;  http://www.emuteq.com/
I've used one of the GNS530's in a project and I can say it's pretty
slick.

Oh, and if you have a blown up one he says that he'll replace it....
might be worth an email....

Gene:  Don't look at Grayhill encoders then...   we use those in our
commercial products, and to date have failed only one... but the price
is beyond the average home cockpit builder!

Roy:  The controller I am interested to see if it will talk to encoders
is the plain vanilla BU036, the X says it does, but the config tool for
the basic one has config settings for encoders as well.  Even if I have
to go for the X it will be a cheap encoder interface.  If you do get a
chance to fire up the X you have and try it with encoders I'd be keen to
hear what you think of it..  might be a good cheap solution for my needs
:)

SeanG