[simpits-tech] Phidgets for sale?

Cris Harrison phoenixcomm at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 09:15:03 PDT 2011

On 7/16/2011 5:51 PM, Roy Coates wrote:

> On 16 July 2011 15:00, Cris Harrison <phoenixcomm at gmail.com
> <mailto:phoenixcomm at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     Why dont you buy your radios from ebay?? most of them use ARINC410
>     2 of 5 code..
>     (http://phoenixcomm.wordpress.com/projects/airinc-410/)
>

> Two reasons.
>
> 1. Don't see many radio's for sale on Ebay in the UK, when you do -
> they fetch silly prices.
> 2. ARINC interface cards look pretty expensive!  I've got two which
> I'll be using for the CDU's in the Nimrod and they retail at about
> £700 each.  Ouch.  In fact, OUCH!
>
> Roy.

most of my radio heads were in $25 + ship $15 range. The only expense is
the dam connectors
my wire wrap prototype cost me less that $40.00 in part & spares from
Avnet.
The one card handles up to 5 heads, (could do lots more with expander)
It has 2 8 bit ports one for input (select) the other for data (goes
both ways, as you have to read switches, power, and write (turn on) dial
lights, etc., volume controls 3 wires each head goes to my amps for
simulated radios, and simulated NAV morse code depending on the slant
range to the radio. plus the NAV radios have to out put signals to drive
your LSI, HSI, and ADI. (see more
http://phoenixcomm.wordpress.com/projects/radiointercom-system/g-4390/
please watch my other website for poduction of this part
http://flite-tronics.com/products.shtml please note this site is still
under construction.
Regards
Cris