[simpits-tech] Arduino and Aircore motors

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Fri Jan 28 20:24:55 PST 2011

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011, Ray Sotkiewicz wrote:

> Gene,
>
> I am curious about the Arduino interface.. can it drive self-zeroing
> aircores? It's high-time I add the right hand engine gauges in my F16. I
> was going to make them servo-driven but the tight form factor may
> prevent that. (Besides.. I have several new aircore motors just laying
> around...)

The Arduino can easily do the job given the right driver chip (I don't
recall the device number right now, but it's the same one in the aircore
projects listed in Mike Powell's books).  The only thing I haven't had
time to chase down is the code to drive it.

The Arduino has the potential to be an insanely great, insanely cheap
interface.  It's 90% software after you add the right Shields to it AND
it'll talk at 250,000 bps.

by the clean end.