[simpits-tech] Controller for LED's

raysot at comcast.net raysot at comcast.net
Mon Feb 28 14:05:50 PST 2011

You won't go wrong using RusCool stuff. I was introduced to it by Robert Reed and have since gutted my EPIC USB hardware and replaced it with the RusCool cards.

They are pricey, but in my case I had to look at the time I spent programming the EPIC. I finally determined that it would never be finished.

With the Ruscool cards, you do nothing more than wire it up, use a GUI to say "Turn this LED on when this offset = <something>"

Granted you can't do complex logic like a 777 Radio Management panel, but Ruscool really got me moving again on my F16.

Even better (Only if you used EPIC), the same logic interface applies to both EPIC and Ruscool. With minimal planning I was able to rip out EPIC but leave in all the breakout boards  and plug the Ruscool cards directly into the breakout boards.

I know this sounds like a plug.... I was just that impressed with the Ruscool cards.

Somewhat pricey but after I looked at the opportunity costs (The cost of me flailing away at EPIC code vs. a few days of rewiring and some GUI work) the cost became secondary.

Ray