[simpits-tech] CNC ? No thanks.

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Fri Feb 4 06:41:29 PST 2011

On Fri, 4 Feb 2011, Roy Coates wrote:

> You guys rave about it.
>
> I just spent 6 hours helping teach basic CNC - I never want to see another
> G-Code again.

Awesome.  Care to post your course notes? :)

Learning G-Code is a good thing, but from what I've learned, 99% of the
people involved in CNC don't hand-code any more.  They use software
packages that create the code for them.

For example, I use VCarve Pro for all my flat pattern & 2.5D stuff.  I
just pick which post-processor I want and it spits out the right code.  I
don't have to worry about tool diameter compensation or any of that.  It's
very nice.

> And why oh why do NC controllers have to beep so freakin LoUd !? >
Because they know you had a hangover? :)

by the clean end.