[simpits-tech] got fail on the list mail (was: Prepar3D OTW in "CAVE")

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Mon Dec 19 13:44:49 PST 2011

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011, Sean Galbraith wrote:

> I don't think you can do the multiple undocked windows thing in
> fullscreen.  I know you used to be able to in FS9, but you still had the
> borders around each window...

It's doable, Wayne worked it out for FSX and P3D uses the same method.
One thing you WILL see unless you're using NThusim is a thin black line
around the "active" window.  The guys at Immersaview (Nthusim/Sol7)
actually added a feature that will crop the display by a single pixel to
remove that border.

After doing some reading on the P3D forum, it seems that the the
recommended way of doing this is to have a slave machine doing all the
video work and a "master" machine that's panel only.  This is doable with
their $10/month 2 license developer version.

BTW, some of you may have been getting bounces due to Sorbs thinking your
ip address was a spam source.  I've removed them from my mail
configuration so this shouldn't happen again.  If you DO get a bounce,
please forward it to me so I can get it taken care of.

by the clean end.