[simpits-tech] diode for 24v dc

Cris Harrison phoenixcomm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 15:12:30 PDT 2011

On 8/22/2011 12:20 PM, Justin Messenger wrote:
> Thank you Chris, that is exactly what I needed.
> Justin
> www.SimAdventure.com <http://www.simadventure.com/>

I did some more thinking (evil) bout your problem...
a more realistic way would be the following:

Right Gen/Field On/OFF (input to computer)
Left    "                                     "
tie switch On/OFF                  "
2 Contactors  to route power from generator to bus.
1 Contactor  to  make tie bus.
2 green lights for generator power ok
2 red lights for generator Fail
1 green light for tie bus
1 red light for generator Fail
most likely a meter to with a switch to switch between all your buss.
ALL led should be cpu driven
that why you can turn off tie bus. or make it fail
also you need a battery Contactor and switch, if you have a ground power
outlet you need a contactor for that also. and you gen switches should
be 2 pos with center off. UP = Ground Power (you need both on (up) to
have ground power on. Down = Generator ON.
So if you want to charge your battery from your ground cart. here what
you need:
1. Ground Cart plugged into the aircraft.
2.  "             "   ON (this completes the ground circuit)
3. both Gen Switches in the UP or Ground Power (this with #2 pulls in
the ground power contactor)
4. battery switch set to on.

how this clears up the FOD.
enjoy