[simpits-tech] Leo's BU036 and encoders

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Mon Aug 1 17:08:51 PDT 2011

---- Roy Coates <roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 1 August 2011 14:27, Gene Buckle <geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > Sean, I thought the only difference between the normal and the "X" version
> > was the X version came with the screw terminal blocks....
> >

> AFAIK, that is indeed the case.  The screw terminals are actually 'push to
> release' types and seem pretty nice.
>
> Didn't get a chance to hook anything up today, rushed off my feet.

The fancy version has more input pins, which is why I would purchase it. I'm doing the diode thing right now but my project board has some weak solder joints (if I'd known the local wholesale tool shop had new soldering irons for $2.97 a piece I would have replaced my grotty one ages ago....). I wonder if you could do the diode thing with the bigger board and get MEGA inputs? :)

Matt