[simpits-tech] flight yoke dimensions...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Fri Oct 1 10:45:08 PDT 2010

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010, Roy Coates wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Oct 2010, Gene Buckle wrote:
>
>> Most excellent Roy!  Thank you!
>>
>> It gives me something to work off of.
>>
>> Having "flown" the ram's horn style and the "conventional" style, which
>> has a better feel to it?
>
> I think if you are actively 'hands on' flying - you don't really notice
> any difference. The Rams-Horn feels a bit like motorcycle bars.
>
> Personally, I prefer the more common type - like these:
> http://www.spang.org/BAe-Yoke/

That's a nice looking yoke.

I figure if I'm going to spend the time to work out the issues with that
Embraer "sort-of-scale" cockpit, I should investigate the right yoke.

It gives me an excuse to finally try out a program called Cut3D that I
bought with my ShopBot.  I figure I could make a material blank out of a
few laminated layers of 3/4" baltic birch plywood like I did for the F-15
SFS box.  Should prove interesting.

Got another project ahead of it though - should be done Saturday.

There's a guy that runs a site called Splash One Bandit that is making hat
& castle switches for an insanely great price.  The address is
http://www.splash-one-bandit.com/index.html.

I may buy some of them for the rams horn yoke test...