[simpits-tech] Updates...

Brian Sikkema brian at sikkema.us
Sun Nov 28 05:48:54 PST 2010

> It turns out that a 225 degree system may be possible with a 56" wide roll
> of mylar - we're keeping the 8 foot diameter as well as the 40 degree
> horizontal FOV (the mirror goes from lat 0 to 40).  To support that a
> screen must first be built.
You, sir, are a madman, a MADMAN I say! lol. That will be amazing... I
hope you can pull it off!!

BTW, on a complete side note, I just got back from a TDY, and somehow or
another as I was sitting on a beach on a tropical island drinking some
Coronas with my crew (I know, rough job, but by golly someone has to
defend America!!) the topic of 007 came up. I was telling these folks
about the story behind your F-15, the whole "Shrimp Boat" incident, and
my boom, a grisly old SMSgt who's been in 26 years or so perked right
up, he knew the whole story, where it was based out of, the whole nine
yards! Knew all about the crash, too. lol. I got a pretty good kick out
of that.

He's not into sims or anything like that, but he does have a fully
restored B-52 ejection seat. His dad flew B-52s back in the day
(actually, he also flew B-29's apparently, at the tail end of WWII) and
he picked one up from a salvage yard once upon a time and had it restored.

Anyway, just thought you'd get a kick out of that - in certain circles,
you've got a famous jet there, Gene. ;)

Brian