[simpits-tech] Collimated display...DONE!

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue Nov 23 16:04:33 PST 2010

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010, Rick Davis wrote:

>> What resolution are they?  Do you know if they can be mounted vertically
>> (beam pointed straight up) without burning them out?
>>
>> g.
>>
>> --
>
> As a patent holder Gene, I can tell you they aren't worth the paper they are
> written on 99% of the time. At least in this concept. You only need to make
> an improvement to cabbage or over-ride the patent. (if there are any at all.
> I suspect there are patents on the process and not the final result) You
> have already exceeded that. You have developed a new process. Unfortunately,
> by posting it to You Tube etc, it will not be patentable.

The problem is that we could easily be bankrupted by attourney fees even
if they didn't win - we can't take the risk.  Companies like CAE have much
deeper pockets than we do.

> I think the projectors would be very happy pointed up. Heat rises afterall.
> What I like about them, is that they have a a solid metal housing.
>
> Google:
>
> Proxima X350

Holy crap!  That price is insane!  Wayne found some 1080p HD projectors
for under $800 a pop.  We'll likely use those for the new build.

by the clean end.