[simpits-tech] new walk-around video

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Mon Nov 22 16:39:48 PST 2010

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010, Rick Davis wrote:

>>> That is very slick my friend. I have a stupid question though ... How
>>> come
>>> things aren't backwards? Did you set the projector for back projection?
>>> Or
>>> am I missing something.
>>>

>> The projector is showing a reversed image on the screen surface so that
>> when you look into the mirror, it's correct.
>>
>> g.
>>
>> --
>
> OK. That's what I thought. Kinda threw me for a minute.
>
> Very nice job.
>
> Could you use a piece of styrene, like shower stall liner instead of the
> paper? It's pretty formable with a heat gun or hair dryer I think

Well for the test, we really weren't worried about the surface quality of
the screen.  When we build the next version, the spaces between the ribs
will be filled with foam wedges that will be hot-wire cut and sanded to
shape.  We'll then fill all the imperfections and gaps with Bondo.  At
that point we'll probably paint it with the type of Glidden paint that
Mike suggested in the display chapter of BRFS.  We might also skin it with
a high-contrast projection screen material.

What's really cool is that there's no perceptable light loss - you pretty
much get it all.  It's fantastic.

David Allen - do you mind if I post the pics of that full sized rear
projection screen that you sent me?

tnx.

by the clean end.