[simpits-tech] More collimated display video...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Sun Nov 21 13:03:31 PST 2010

On Sun, 21 Nov 2010, David C. Allen wrote:

> At 08:29 AM 11/21/2010 -0800, you wrote:
>
>> Pulling down the mirror for the first time:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y67TAo9Lv5g
>
> Gene
> So how much vacuum is required to pull the mirror smooth?

No idea.  I didn't have a vacuum gauge to install on the rig.  I built a
gate into the back of the enclosure that we've got open a tiny amount.
With it completely closed, you can see the mylar come into contact with
the edges of the outboard framework.  We backed it off just a tad to keep
it out of contact with that.

by the clean end.