[simpits-tech] [x-plane-dev] Announcing the ExtPlane plugin (fwd)

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue Nov 16 11:21:54 PST 2010

Folks here may be interested in this:

I don't know when/if a windows build will become available.

g.

----------------

Hello,

I'd like to announce availability of ExtPlane plugin for X-Plane.
ExtPlane is a plugin for developers. It allows external programs
to read and modify X-Plane's datarefs using a TCP connection and
simple command protocol.

Creating a TCP client is much more easier than building a real
plugin. The external applications can be written using any
programming language and naturally be run on different computer
than X-Plane.

I hope this plugin is useful for other cockpit builders. More
features such as sending keystrokes and additional dataref
types will be added. Contributions are welcome.

Source code (GNU GPL) and documentation (README) can be found at:
https://github.com/vranki/ExtPlane

Linux x86_32 binary built on Ubuntu Maverick:
http://www.modeemi.fi/~cosmo/extplane.xpl

--
Ville Ranki <ville.ranki at iki.fi>
http://www.iki.fi/~cos