[simpits-tech] Programming... (was RE: quadrant update...)

Sean Galbraith Sean.Galbraith at pacificsimulators.com
Thu May 27 14:18:56 PDT 2010

> >> What brand of machine is it?
> >>
> > It's that well known brand "Madeinchina".....
> >
> Hehe.  How big is the bed?  Does it use a spindle?

The bed is tiny, about 12" x 9" or similar, and I'm not sure about too
much more.  It came down to price, work area, price, and software
compatibility, oh and price :)
I hope to have it here for a demo next week, then assuming it does what
I want (I mean.. what the company wants it to do... obviously <rolls
eyes>) then we'll buy it.
On paper the specs are good enough, we plan on doing mostly plastics
with it, and the accuracy and repeatability are good.  It is designed
for doing fine engraving, but with some hardware and software upgrades
it can do 3 axis milling. And did I mention that it was cheap?  :)

SeanG