[simpits-tech] Programming... (was RE: quadrant update...)

Sean Galbraith Sean.Galbraith at pacificsimulators.com
Thu May 27 13:24:49 PDT 2010

Yeah, JB is pretty cool... makes nice GUI apps, and creates standalone
exe's which is nice.  For me it was a no brainer since I knew how to
work in BASIC, then I just had to learn the GUI bits... but it does have
its limitations :)

Now I am going to have to download Vis Studio Express....  which I am
sure will put my sim building on hold for a while... till I either
create something meaningful in vb or get bored with it! <lol>

Speaking of sim building (which I heard a rumour that we do that
here...) I finally, after years of procrastinating, got the 7 segs
installed in my APX-100, and ARC-159 panels for the Skyhawk...  Now,
it's taken me 7 years.. (and the guy who built the electronics has moved
on from sim building) so how long do you recon it'll take to get the
encoders wired up now?

Oh, and in other news... I'm getting a nice shiny new desktop CNC
Mill/Engraver to play with at work.... big enough to do all my panels,
but small and cheap enough for work to cough up the money for!

SeanG