[simpits-tech] quadrant update...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu May 27 07:49:09 PDT 2010

On Thu, 27 May 2010, Roy Coates wrote:

> On Thu, 27 May 2010, Gene Buckle wrote:
>
>> The sad thing is that the TI was a pretty cool machine, except for the
>> stupid keyboard and the fact that TI pretty much locked out third party
>> developement.
>
> I seem to recall that the TI came along a bit too late too - the market
> was already full of spectrums, bbc's, dragons, commodores etc etc

Actually the 99/4A hit the street in June of 1981 which actually beat the
C-64 to market.  As soon as the '64 showed up it was all over but the
cryin' for the TI. :)

On an actual on-topic note, I _finally_ won the LCD lottery on Tuesday!
(My wife referred to it as me finding the golden LCD in the chocolate bar...)

This means that I'll be able to finish off the third projector on
Saturday!  I'm really looking forward to that.  After I've got that
finished I'm going to start creating legs for the screen segments.  I
still need to decide how I'm going to build the feet - they need to have
adjusters on them because of the poor pour quality of my shop floor.  I'll
probably go the simple route and use 1/4-20 bolts in to t-nuts for that.

With the exception of being able to change the board ID code function, the
Gazoutta 16 firmware is completed and tested.  I got the sockets I needed
for the bus transceivers so I should be able to fully test the daisy-chain
feature as well.

The firmware takes up less than 3k of the available 30k space on the AVR
so there is plenty of room for making the board do more - especially since
I've included pins for an I2C interface on the board itself.  There's an
I2C interface library for Arduino that makes that easy to use.