[simpits-tech] quadrant update...

Rick Davis rd at ns.sympatico.ca
Wed May 26 18:16:51 PDT 2010

>>> Didn't that sucker talk too ?
>>>

>>> --
>>
>> I don't remember that, but I remember writing an inventory program for a
>> video rental store in basic and it was pretty slick. Each video (100's of
>> them) had their own file and input line. They could just type in the
>> video
>> number and input who rented it or if it came back or lost or whatever.
>> Somehow things seemed much simpler back then.
>>
>> 1000 INPUT (x)
>> 1010 If x="Y" goto 5000
>> 1020 If x="N" goto 5010
>>
>> Been a long time. LOL
>>
> Yep.
>
> 1000 INPUT X$
>
> :)

It was a lot of fun. Had a Commodore Vic 20 and 64 too, but the TI was the
stealth bomber of that breed. The first one that had a memory card I think.
Then came the MAC Classic. "Lunch Box" computer. Keep in mind, that's only
about 25 years ago. Maybe if I live another 25 years they'll be able to Nano
stitch my head onto a computer with wheels, where I can tell the computer to
do whatever I want to my brain. Need to get a buzz on? Ctrl+B. Getting too
dark out? Turn up the brightness - FN+F4. Feel like a nap? "Standby"
Bwahahaha.