[simpits-tech] Finally its done!

Chris Brace chris at renovo.co.nz
Tue Mar 23 16:51:20 PDT 2010

Thanks Roy,
Good things take time!
The projectors are Sanyo PLC-XL45's I did a deal with a local supplier and
bought three at once. One problem with the rear projection and mirrors is
hot spotting, it's clearly evident in the video but from the pilots view its
nowhere near as obvious.
I'll take some more video of the projection setup in a few days and post
again. It took a hell of a long time, many drawings, prototypes and head
scratching to get them right.

We designed everything in the sim to emulate and function as close as
possible to the real aircraft. From cold and dark to fully running it really
does work the same throughout (where possible). This often became our
stumbling block, as there were many many times we were trying to debug
things, getting frustrated to hell because something wouldn't work as it
should, when suddenly it would dawn on us both that another system needed to
be on (or off) and presto it all worked! Pure satisfaction and a wee smerk
later........

Cheers
Chris.