[simpits-tech] using a networked pc for a radar display, fs9

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 23 18:23:18 PST 2010

I have settled on using FSmap http://www.fsmap.net via WideFS.

I also placed a 7 inch monitor are the end of my F-4J radar scope and to my surprise it actually made the image on the small monitor easier to see! Next I have to fabricate a mount to hold the heavy scope. Its going to look fantastic in the sim.

Im also running PM sounds and VATSIM on the networked laptop which allowed me to divert those sounds directly to the headsets, separating those chatter sounds from the main engine speakers. I was shocked at the quality of the audio from VATSIM, it truely sounds like real aircraft radios.

--
Phantoms Phorever!!