[simpits-tech] Got it hooked up!

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Mon Jan 11 06:12:04 PST 2010

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010, Gene Buckle wrote:

Even if it's not perfect, it's great that you are _doing_ this at all.

> I'm not happy at all with the throttle quadrant.  The pots are very spikey
> and only appear to operate for the first 1/8th or so of lever arm travel.
> I need to tear into it and check each one with a multi-meter to find out
> what is going on.

Are they rotary or track pots in there?  I found with some cheapo pots
that the force you apply to the actuator can 'lift' the wiper partially
off the track. Not a problem when operated as designed, but in a pit
context where you have levers'n'shit - a potential problem.  Pun
intended!!

> I've also started streaming live video via http://www.ustream.tv - search
> for "f15sim" and you'll find my channel.  Nothing earth shattering, just
> me & Rob working on various things.  I'm going to try to make sure it's
> running every Saturday.  I welcome viewers and if you log in to ustream,
> you can access the chat channel associated with the video stream.

Is there an option to throw things ?   :-)

--

Roy Coates.
Dept of Engineering.
E-Mail: r.coates at liv.ac.uk