[simpits-tech] Got it hooked up!

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Sun Jan 10 19:23:17 PST 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxGICmW2lwI

The amazing thing is that I didn't have any wiring errors. :)  This is
amazing considering there is more than 12 months between start and
"Finish" on some of the componenets.  I guess my notes were better than I
thought.

I'm not happy at all with the throttle quadrant.  The pots are very spikey
and only appear to operate for the first 1/8th or so of lever arm travel.
I need to tear into it and check each one with a multi-meter to find out
what is going on.

The centering springs in the gimbal still can't return the stick to
center.  At this point it's enough to hold it in whatever position you put
it, but that's it. I'm going to be building a BRFS gimbal for the other
cockpit and we'll see how that one works out.

I've also started streaming live video via http://www.ustream.tv - search
for "f15sim" and you'll find my channel.  Nothing earth shattering, just
me & Rob working on various things.  I'm going to try to make sure it's
running every Saturday.  I welcome viewers and if you log in to ustream,
you can access the chat channel associated with the video stream.