[simpits-tech] Best use of a PDP-11/45 *EVER* got itanium?

Contrapezist contrapezist at sportogs.com
Wed Dec 1 17:48:55 PST 2010

On a related note,
I just inherited 4 IBM x455's each has 4 1.5 Ghz Itanium2's W/8GB of ram per
CPU. Formerly the centralized traffic/billing computers for 40 someodd
television stations. They need to serve a much more noble and cool purpose.
Anything FS related that will run on them? The bad thing is being servers
they arnt exactly equipped for visual apps.
Austin