[simpits-tech] Fairly cheap little monitor

Brian Sikkema brian at Sikkema.us
Sun Aug 29 22:50:31 PDT 2010

> I suspect it uses either that or OpenGL.

Orbiter as a whole uses DirectX, just wondering how the external MFD
program goes about things. Of course, it may be possible to write my own
plugin for an unaccelerated MFD. The displays are never that complicated
so it should be possible.

The latest version of Orbiter has de-coupled the graphics and simulation
engines, so there is a new addon out there developing an OpenGL graphics
end for it. Pretty neat stuff.

I'm hoping that this will lead to being able to have two separate
displays with their cameras pointed in different directions with
different fields of view. This has not been possible in Orbiter thus
far, and will be a requirement to make a working periscope view for the
Merc.

> To go along with your small primary display? :)

Eee + Lilyput monitor - now with 6 in^2 of viewing space! ;)

lol. Actually I have one of the larger Eee's, so the main monitor is
like 10". Not massive, but big enough.

Brian