[simpits-tech] Whats happenin?

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 17:12:12 PDT 2010

Austin,
just a private note that I live in Wichita and work at a Gyro repair station, Nu-Tek Inc. Where did you work when you were here?

You can see my sim projects at http://www.blueangel.site90.net/
My favorite is still FS9 and now Falcon 5.5 though we used FSX on the last sim.

regards,

Justin Messenger

Flight Simulators and Aircraft Instruments
www.nu-tekinc.com
KANSAS MUSEUM OF MILITARY HISTORY

[simpits-tech] Whats happenin?
Tuesday, August 24, 2010 7:00 PM

"Contrapezist" <contrapezist at sportogs.com>

To:
simpits-tech at simpits.org

Hello all,
I would say newbie here but Ive been hanging around on this list for years 6-7-8 ish dunno. Just watching the digest now and again dont think Ive posted anything since leaving Wichita over 5 years ago. Anyway to come up to speed I used to work on avionics actually avionics test systems. After the aircraft ind crash for a insturment company with a vertical managment structure and a vertical family tree too I think 15 people worked there 12 of them were managers and all related. Ive been working in electronics all my life and that is the only job I truely hated to no end it pained me to get up in the morning. Lastly part time for a sim components company lots of good ideas but never went anywhere, finally ran away and went back to broadcast engineering. Since school I have always been mesmorized by avionics, theres no such thing as cheap avionics some are just better than others. So thats what landed me in the frey not so much flying but creating
 some cool overengineered toys. Case in point ever seen the backlighting on a real LCD?
Anyway in my absence Ive fallen a bit behind on whats happening. Seems a few companies have come and gone on the interfacing side. To me the PHCC looks promising but not sure of its status. Im a hardware guy that can hack away at pic code but no good when it comes actual software.
On the topic of SW whats the masses using? MS looks to be defunct, Xplane looks promising maybe later if things get to the pont of laying out the $$ for something more, Ive been poking around with flightgear as of late.
My end result is non specific mythical plane based on ??? that way no one can say I did it wrong.
Thanks for letting me bend your ear Ill go back to hiding again :)
Austin