[simpits-tech] Gears and Glass...

Sean Galbraith Sean.Galbraith at pacificsimulators.com
Sun Aug 15 01:40:19 PDT 2010

I am looking for a supplier of small gears, preferably of the fine toothed, brass variety, for making servo gauges.  I have used some plastic/nylon gears in the past, but my source has dried up (i.e. the box in the garage is now empty...) so I am looking for where I can buy some at a reasonable price.

And... I want to build a ½ cockpit setup, loosely 737NG based, and am looking for glass cockpit software.  As good as Project Magenta is, I can't afford to pay those kind of prices for a sim that will probably get used a couple of times a year <lol>  So my question to the NG builders on the list (and I *know* there are a lot of you!) what alternatives are there around?  I've looked at a couple, but not in depth enough to really tell how good they are :-)  I am specifically looking for 727NG based, and it needs to have working CDU and MCP included.

SeanG