[simpits-tech] 0..5VDC DAC output...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Fri Aug 13 14:13:08 PDT 2010

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010, Roy Coates wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Aug 2010, Gene Buckle wrote:
>
>>> Hmm.. I wunna what the phidget 0/16/16 uses?  That claims to sink up to
>>> 2A. Ah, looking at the pic at phidgets.com it would appear they are
>>> driving triacs or similar to do the hard work.
>>>
>>> I'm using 4 of the suckers in my current project and they work v.well.
>>>
>> I'm still pissed off that they hung the 0/32/32 owners like me out to dry.
>> It'll be a cold day in hell before they get another damn dime from me.
>
> Funnily enough, I was trying to coax mine into life today with an old
> driver - to no avail.

I tried that with a Windows 2000 machine under VMware.  Just got lots of
nice blue-screens.  Pisses me off even more because I found a 4th
*unopened* 0/32/32 package a few weeks ago.

> A lot of phidgets which were uber-cool for 'pitters like the 7-seg
> displays and the rotary encoders went south when they invested in the new
> driver setup.

No kidding.  Once I develop the protocol for it, you'll be able to use an
Arduino and a Mux Shield in conjunction with JoyMapper to provide 48
analog and or digital inputs.  You'll bit just a bit over $50 for it if
you don't already have an Arduino board. :)