[simpits-tech] 16 channel output board is done!

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Fri Aug 13 06:14:20 PDT 2010

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010, Ido Dekkers wrote:

> hmm, you should really get OF 4.7,
> it's amazing what dedicated people can do when they do it out of love.
> it a million times better then the boxed one.and a million times better the
> AF by LP

I'll have to add it to my to-do stack.  If nothing else, I could quickly
CAD up an Akers-Barnes(sp?) and finally use that Cougar I bought when it
first came out. :)

> what LP basically did was take the patches that where available at the time,
> ignoring some of the best, and pack it in a new box.
> nothing more.

Well that sucks.

One thing that would be interesting to see is a version of Falcon that
provided no interior cockpit at all.  It would only provide outside views
with a HUD display that could be moved & resized in order to fit the
combiner glass frame of a physical cockpit.  All the code that handled the
"clickable" cockpit could be dropped from the code base entirely.

It would essentially be an "optimized" Falcon built specifically for use
with simulator cockpits.

I really, really, really wish the Oterra guys would release their scenery
engine in such a way that free projects could use it.  Can you imagine
how insanely great Falcon would look with the Outerra terrain engine?