[simpits-tech] 16 channel output board is done!

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Aug 12 14:37:13 PDT 2010

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010, Ido Dekkers wrote:

> is there any sim out there that can output as much as F4 and as real or even
> close to it? (mill one of course)

Lock On: Modern Air Combat will let you pull a ton of data out of it via
Lua.  I suspect that Black Shark will as well as it's done by the same
guys.

> unless LP ever finish upgrading F4 as they said they will (for 4 years now?)
> or someone picks up on OpenFalcon.

Is the OF project something that CAN be picked up?

> AFAIK the only real sim still in development today is xPlane, am i wrong?

Well Lockheed is going to be releasing something based on the ESP platform
- I don't know what form that will take though.

FlightGear is in active development, but when you start talking combat
features you'd swear you just announced you'd be killing kittens for door
prizes based on the reaction.  They have a *huge* "bunny hugger*
contingent.  The sad thing is, from a purely technical standpoint it's
right between MSFS and X-Plane for flight model accuracy.