[simpits-tech] Dell rant...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Mon Apr 26 14:43:45 PDT 2010

Ok, so moons ago I bought four Dell E152FPc displays to use as organ
donors for my projectors.

This specific model was known to have no "FFC" or Flat Flexible Cable
issues with the LCD itself.  If this FFC cable is present, you can't use
the LCD in a projector because you can't move the top & side circuit
boards out of the way.

It turns out that Dell changed LCD suppliers at some point.  Two of the
four displays use an LCD panel WITH the FFC. *facepalm*

I purchased some Gateway 15" displays on eBay yesterday - they're also on
the list of known "no FFC" issue displays.  Keep your fingers crossed. :)

Had this not happened, I would've had the third projector built - it was
just waiting for me to strip the LCD for it.  As it was I ended up going
to see Kick Ass instead.  Nothing like watching an 11 year old girl
brutally kill bad-guys to improve ones mood. :)

I still don't know what my final screen size is going to be, but it's
going to be BIG.  :D