[simpits-tech] cutting knobs...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Wed Sep 23 03:34:43 PDT 2009

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009, Roy Coates wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Sep 2009, Gene Buckle wrote:
>
>> Here's video of the knob cutting operation:
>>
>> 1.  The windup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpVz3hO6w4g
>> 2.  The er...pitch? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NQ-LlJR2BM
>> 3.  We can haz fail? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJsAtb2u3Js
>>
>> To recap:  Downshear, BAD.  Upshear, GOOD!
>>

> Heh. you live and learn.

Unfortunately the learning curve can be pretty expensive.  I destroyed (as
in snapped in half) $40 worth of .062 2 flute cutters working out the feed
& speed for cutting aluminum when I was working on the IFF panel.

I'm going to talk to Fred at Centurion Tools today and see what he
recommends I buy for this acrylic job.  His cutters are very high quality
and not nearly as expensive as the Onsrud line.

> That 'bot is the dogs kahuna's  :-)

It's a dream machine, literally.  I dream it up, it cuts it out. :)
Sometimes it actually works out that way for real. *laughs*