[simpits-tech] PA38 Video

Gareth Falls braeview at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 2 06:36:37 PDT 2009

The sim is running on one PC – Dell Studio Desktop 540MT: Intel Core 2 Duo
E8400 (3.00 GHz, 1333MHz, 6Mb) with a 512 MB nVidia GeForce 9800GT graphics
card, with the video output going to a Triplehead unit that splits the one
output to the three screens. The PC cost around £500.

We did lower some of the graphic settings within Flight Sim X to help
improve the frame rate but not low enough to lower the fun element ;-)

 The reason we managed to move the project on at a good pace was because we
had a number of people working on it, each with a different set of skills
plus we spent a fair bit of time planning things out ….

Gareth

Aberdeen , UK

--
Gareth