[simpits-tech] DIY video projector...

Alan D. Mazurka adm.design at verizon.net
Fri May 15 05:41:04 PDT 2009

hi, Gene

i'm betting this is a stopgap measure for you at best.

considering the investment in all the cockpit so far (including the
building & equipment), the visual system will not ( eventually ) be
compromised.

since your eyes spend most of the time staring at the screen, you
want this to be at least as good as everything else. in fact, that's
where i put most of my money first, because (at least for me), the
vast majority of the time is spent staring at the screen.

and yes, projectors are getting fantastic. there has been a
divergence between "computer monitor" projectors and those used in
home theater.

i've yet to tote the hi-def home theater projector into the sim to
see how it works.

anyone see one of those LED displays in action?? i'm wondering how
neat they would look in a glass cockpit, though i wonder if they will
be released in smaller formats.

  - adm -

At 05:48 PM 5/14/2009, you wrote:

>I found this video on YT today and it shows the exact method I'll be using
>for all the projectors for the F-15 and the other cockpits.
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmgwWtDgVSI&feature=related
>
>Great stuff.
>
>g.
>

>--
>Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007
>http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind.
>
>ScarletDME - The red hot Data Management Environment
>A Multi-Value database for the masses, not the classes.
>http://gpl.openqm.com - Get it _today_!
>above page.  Thanks!

Alan D.
Mazurka