[simpits-tech] more updates!

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue Jun 9 08:18:50 PDT 2009

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009, Roy Coates wrote:

>> Thanks Roy.  BTW, can you try hitting the simpits.org site and see how it
>> responds?  You've been the litmus test for site speed recently. :)
>

> Response time is good.

\o/

That poor machine it used to be on was way over loaded.  I'm glad that it
finally fixed the speed issue.

> Aye, some place/people are charging daft amounts for inexpensive items.
> I'm after dual (concentric) encoders and although I know ALPS make them, I
> can only find them on sim sites who want silly money.

All the vendors on the list are aerospace vendors.  Couple that with
companies doing JIT manufacturing and it keeps the costs high.  Unless
it's a commodity part, people don't manufacture to stock any longer.

I was looking for a "standard" Master Caution illuminated pushbutton a
number of years ago.  Korry quoted me $1100.00 for *one*.  The reasoning
was that they didn't have any in stock and would have to start the
production line in order to build me one.  The only way to get a
reasonable price would be to piggyback onto someone elses larger order.