[simpits-tech] Aeron flight simulator

Brian Sikkema bjsikkem at gimail.af.mil
Fri Jun 5 17:00:50 PDT 2009

I've been playing around a bit with that Aeron
flightsim Gene posted a while back.
(http://aeron.sourceforge.net/index.php if you lost
the link) It's actually pretty neat. The website
hasn't been updated to reflect this fact, but Version
2.2 is actually out now, so there's some basic
airplane models, which really makes the experience
much better.

Since it's open source the possibilities are pretty
limitless. The idea that keeps running through my
head right now is adding in several WWII fighters,
multiple monitor support and some very basic gauge
driving, then building one of Gene's simkits. Tow
that thing around to airshows and let people taste
some simple air combat.

Anyway, definitely worth a look, despite how basic it
is. I'm downloading Tacview right now for additional
fun. :)

Brian