[simpits-tech] motion base

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Jul 23 12:20:42 PDT 2009

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009, Justin Messenger wrote:

> Its interesting that commercial sims are now going to electrical motion bases
>
>> Pnumatics are not very good for motion bases.  They bounce.
>>
>> g.

I suspect that it's because it's a lot cheaper in infrastructure
requirements to use.  Maintaining a hexapod motion base that uses
hydraulics is very expensive.  Hell doing a 3DOF hydraulic base is spendy.

There's a guy on the net that's put together some insanely cool DIY
actuators that aren't that expensive to build.  I don't have a link handy
right now though.