[simpits-tech] LVDT's Anyone ? (New Projects)

Rick Davis rd at ns.sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 1 18:31:01 PDT 2009

Interesting.

Both nice little run abouts.

Thinking about it, didn't the Yoke in the Concord have a little side stick
on it or something? Just a little 6" stick that juts out from the Yoke body
on the right?

I see Austin has included the Concord in X-Plane now. Must try it sometime.
One thing you may be able to clear up, because I've been told this but don't
know how much credence to apply to it, that the Concord actually flew by
shifting fuel (weight) from forward to rear, and right wing to left wing?
Any truth to that? Theory being that it flew so fast ailerons were
ineffective (or prone to being blown to bits) so when you turn the Yoke
left, pumps transfer fuel from the right wing to the left wing.

Sounds bizaar, but possible?