[simpits-tech] two operating systems on one PC

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 19:00:38 PST 2009

Thanks Brian.Are you in Japan now? I spent Christmas in Altus.

Justin

Friday, January 23, 2009 5:51 PM

"Brian Sikkema" <bjsikkem at gimail.af.mil>

To:
simpits-tech at simpits.org

Shouldn't be too hard. You just need a bootloader.
Here's one I just googled up that will handle XP And
Vista:

http://www.bootkey.com/English/Introduction_en.aspx

They even have a tutorial for the same:

http://www.bootkey.com/English/Dual%20Boot%20Vista%20and%20XP%20with%20BootKey%20(Reserving%20existing%20Vista).pdf

There may be better ones out there, I dunno since I
haven't messed with bootloaders for Windows much.
Only time I ever used them was dual booting linux and
XP. But they worked great for that!

The advantage of this method over plugging and
unplugging hard drives is you can access data on
both... So for example if you have an upgrade or
whatever you want to plop on FSX, you can do it to
both your XP and your Vista install without having to
change out hard drives and reboot, etc.

Brian