[simpits-tech] new toy...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Fri Jan 9 09:01:38 PST 2009

Thanks for putting up with the test posts folks.

Over the years there has been much discussion on the question of a web
based message forum vs a mailing list.

I've finally been able to settle it once and for all.  You can now use
either/or.

I've set up a forum that will "gate" message traffic to and from the
mailing list.

The only caveat is that for messages posted to the forum to reach the
mailing list, you must have signed into the forum using the same email
address that you used to subscribe to the mailing list.  If you don't,
you'll get a bounce message from the mailing list manager program. (and
nobody on the list will see your post)

If you want to take advantage of this, the forum is available at
http://www.simpits.org/forum.

If you want to stop getting list mail and only participate via the forum,
you can edit your settings here:

http://www.simpits.org/mailman/options/simpits-tech

Once you've signed in, scroll down to "Your Simpits-tech Subscription
Options".  The field you want to change is "Mail Delivery".  By setting it
to "disabled", it will prevent the list from sending mail to you, BUT
you'll still be able to participate in the list via the forum.

If there are any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

thanks all.