[simpits-tech] FSX

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Mon Dec 28 10:23:18 PST 2009

>> I just wish it was priced reasonably. :(
>>

> You know, $430 sounds like a lot, but if you've just dropped enough coin
> to get 2-3 projectors, a TH2G and screens to accommodate this whole
> setup... Well $430 wouldn't be that much more. Heck it's about the cost
> of a replacement bulb for a lot of projectors. Tack on the cost of an
> entire sim behind that projection setup and it's even more reasonable.
> These folks have developed what appears to me to be a really powerful,
> flexible software solution to, lets face it, a very niche problem. I
> wouldn't hold out for anything much cheaper.

The problem is that all those things can be had piecemeal.  I'm scratch
building my own projectors because I can't afford to drop $1k each on
them when I can build them myself for $400.

I guess it just galls me that they charge so much for a one trick pony.
Being the only game in town however, they're charging what the market will
bear.