[simpits-tech] FSX

Sean Galbraith Sean.Galbraith at pacificsimulators.com
Sun Dec 27 14:10:51 PST 2009

>From the expeimenting that I've done FSX doesn't zoom in the same way that FS9 does.  In FS9 you could zoom out to 0.31 which gave you about 120 degrees, then by editting the saved flight you could bring the zoom out to about 0.25 which gave a little more.  FSX doesn't appear to show the same field of view to zoom ratio.
The only way I managed to achieve a true 180 degree view was by undocking and maximizing 3 separate views.  With TH2GO this was very very heavy on processor time, so I ended up switching to a quad-SLI motherboard with 3 9800GT's installed. This worked fine, but ended up being unstable, with regular crashes to desktop.  Now this was all in FS9 running XP Pro, and I would suspect that FSX and Vista might be a better combo....
Hth

SeanG