[simpits-tech] How do I create a selective start....

Sean Galbraith sean.g at paradise.net.nz
Fri Aug 7 15:28:58 PDT 2009

At 09:40 a.m. 8/08/2009, you wrote:

> > That's pretty cool, hadn't though of the autorun idea!  Means I could
> > get two bites at it;  First, add a shortcut to startsim.bat into the
> > startup group (or use group policy to run it) so that if the key is
> > in there it will start the sim automagically on windows start, and
> > secondly, by poking the key in with the PC running will start the
> > chosen sim....  Now that *is* cool!
> >

>Sean, can you email me the details of the group policy/auto start change
>so I can incorporate it into the howto?
>
>tnx!

Sure... I think it only works in XP Pro though....  My IT monkey from
work is coming over to fly the sim today, and in payment he has to
show me how to do the group policy thing... We use it at work to copy
out files prior to the sims starting, then again to run all the
apps.  I'll get the details in a step-by-step howto and email you.

SeanG