[simpits-tech] How do I create a selective start....

Sean Galbraith sean.g at paradise.net.nz
Fri Aug 7 14:22:42 PDT 2009

At 01:42 a.m. 8/08/2009, you wrote:
>On Fri, 7 Aug 2009, TerryM wrote:
>

>I do this kinda thing with batch files.
>
>click on icon for batch1 and it copies the necessary cfg files to where I
>need them - then starts the sim.
>
>click on icon for batch2 and it does the same for a different sim setup.

I was thinking something like that, except I don't want to have to
interact with the Sim PC once it has started.  In a slight twist on
this theory I thought about having the "startup.bat" file residing on
my server, and having a couple of bat files which re-write that file
(run from the server) which in effect pre-configures the
startup.  That way you would run the relevant bat file on the server,
then wander over to the sim and start it, it looks to the server for
the bat file and hey presto starts the selected sim software :)

I still like the "sticking a key into the sim" idea... purely for the
coolness factor.   Yes, I am in fact 7 years old... <lol>

SeanG