[simpits-tech] Using pots for position sensing

David C. Allen allendc at qwest.net
Fri Oct 10 08:45:04 PDT 2008

At 03:34 PM 10/10/2008 +0100, you wrote:
>On Fri, 10 Oct 2008, David C. Allen wrote:
>
> > Roy
> > String pots are the answer http://www.unimeasure.com/lx.htm
> >
> > If you are interfacing to real aircraft, you can connect them to the
> > actual pulleys. You can order the to the length you want for the
> > control travel.
> >
> > Secondly you can use them in place of linear travel pots.
>

>What a lovely bit'o'kit !  Thanks David.

There are a bunch of companies that make the transducers

http://www.micro-epsilon.com/en/Sensors/Draw-Wire/   They are in Germany

http://www.dataq.com/applicat/articles/stringpot.htm

http://www.celesco.com/

http://www.me-us.com/draw-wire/

>Sadly, they don't do the 100k that I need.

Send them an Email and ask they will make the 100K

I use phidgets so 10k is all one needs

David
www.737FlightSim.com