[simpits-tech] You Suck

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Thu Oct 9 06:50:06 PDT 2008

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008, Scott Cerrito wrote:

> buy here and ship?   how expensive could that be, i've shipped small
> aeronautical type parts from the uk to here...

I too have shipped aero parts from all over the world - that's ok (unless
customs get you)

With consumer goods though you've three problems:

1) Warranty.
2) Voltage or other incompatibility  (PAL or NTSC etc)
3) Bloody Customs !

I've had customs charges levied that exceeded the cost of the goods! It
makes no sense but you don't get a chance to argue with them.

--

Roy Coates.
Dept of Engineering.
E-Mail: r.coates at liv.ac.uk