[simpits-tech] Newbie Needs Help

dhansenp51 at att.net dhansenp51 at att.net
Tue Oct 7 09:55:54 PDT 2008

I'm new to this web ring and am wondering if I can get some help. After 20 years of dreaming, I've finally committed to taking the plunge. I plan on building an F-18E cockpit that will initially be static, but will eventually be motion-based (with full 360 degree rotation in both roll and pitch).

I got my hands on the F-18 NOTAS, so I have scale drawings of the instrument and side panels. What I currently need are other basic dimensions, such as the width of the tub between the side panels, height of canopy rails vs. floor, height of the flight stick, etc.

If anyone can provide basic cockpit dimensional data, or point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!