[simpits-tech] final windscreen design...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Sat Nov 29 09:04:34 PST 2008

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008, Sean Galbraith wrote:

> I like it.  Starting to take shape in that "hey it looks like a... no
> wait, maybe a...." sort of way.
>
> Only thing I can see, which may not actually be a problem is the
> dimension of the rear "bulkhead" of the screen;  How much of your
> forward view is it going to block?  But then I suppose it is a fairly
> structural component, knowing how much people like to swing on the
> canopy bow of the A-4 :)

Are you referring to the part that would normally be called the canopy
bow?  It's actually not intrusive at all because of how close you sit to
it.  Keep in mind that the top part is 14" wide.  The frame itself is only
2" wide or so.

> I do like the look though, I like it a lot.. but my wife says I am
> not allowed one.... maybe the TA-4 (currently at work) the Queenair

That's the beauty of this thing.  Once it's built, you can unbolt the
sections and it breaks down into an easily hideable project. :)