[simpits-tech] final windscreen design...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Sat Nov 29 07:21:29 PST 2008

Ok gang, I need a yea or nay on this windscreen layout.

Here's a rendering if it on the cockpit frame:
http://www.geneb.org/pitkit/windscreen_test/windscreen_whole.png

Here are two different views of the windscreen frame all by itself:
http://www.geneb.org/pitkit/windscreen_test/windscreen_alone_1.png
http://www.geneb.org/pitkit/windscreen_test/windscreen_alone_2.png

This is similar to the one I posted previously, but the "fit" to the
cockpit shell is much better.  The top solid part can have a small cutout
in it or not - the part is 6" by 14".

There is no "face" frame on the windscreen as I think it would interfere
too much with the forward view of the screen.

The area forward of the windscreen would be a flat deck that could be used
to support a standard monitor or an "in your face" mounted rear projection
screen.

I need to know if you guys (and gal?) spot any fatal errors in this
assembly.  It WILL require you have a table saw to build.  There are
multiple 25 degree and 100 degree cuts that need to be made in order to
make things fit properly.

Don't be shy - I need to know of any problems before any of these are in
the field.

Thanks all!