[simpits-tech] Construction dilemma...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Nov 27 15:15:33 PST 2008

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008, Roy Coates wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Nov 2008, Gene Buckle wrote:
>
>>> I used a small air-nailer to fire the brads which ended up _just_ shy of
>>> the surface. Once the pit was painted you couldn't see em.
>>>
>> Did you have any "puffing" around the hole the pin made as it went in?
>
> Nope. Those suckers go in so fast the hardboard only has time to say
> "WTF?"

Ah, ok.  I seem to recall the puffing happening to me in the past.  I'll
have to do some experimenting.
>> Did you space them evenly across the whole thing (say 2" centers?)
>
> Yup. I fired a ton of those babies - I felt like Norm for a day.

Ah, ok.  That's what I'd hoped to hear.  It's a bitch to try to use clamps
in the "field" - you can really only do the edges.  Unless...did you use a
band clamp of some kind?

BTW, here's the result of this past weekends' work:
http://www.geneb.org/pitkit/skin/big_side.jpg  It's a big image.