[simpits-tech] CRJ 700 Question

Sean Galbraith sean.g at paradise.net.nz
Thu Nov 20 10:39:50 PST 2008

> > Well the A-4 is going well... some updates at:
> > http://picasaweb.google.com/NZ6258/TA4KSimulatorCockpit
> >
>Very nice!  Gotta skin it. :)

Funny you should mention that... I'm working on fabricating some
ribs, then the 0.7mm Ali goes on... with lots of countersunk/flush rivets.....

> > The Queenair has had a temporary change of assignment, and is working
> > hard as an entertainment device for my wife's Aunt's dirt magnets...
> > it is now fitted with stunning plywood floors, mdf main panel
> > complete with dummy gauges, nice seats (stolen from someones car
> > IIRC) and a big TV for watching airplane movies on :)
> > One it will be coming down here to become a Kingair, which is of
> > course what happens to all Queenairs when they grow up.....
> >
>Ewww. Poor airplane...

Nah, it's not that bad.  To help you sleep at night think of it as a
"future simpit builders recruitment programme"...... ;-)

> > p.s. hows the <insert the name of any of *your* projects Mr.B> going?  gd&r
> >

>On a geologic timescale, it's marching ahead at an incredible pace! :)

Right... and if you keep telling yourself that someday you may even
start believing, right?

I can sympathize... the Skyhawk sat in the workshop under a tarp for
over a year with absolutely nothing done to it, due to work
pressures...... was nice to dig her out and do some work.  In fact,
had it's first actual flight recently.  It's now in the workshop
where I actually work, so there is a slightly improved chance that
I'll actually get to work on it....

SeanG